Love pop culture? Fave is the place you can delve deeper into all of your favourites. We’ve taken the best features of modern chat platforms, old-school forums and smashed them together with wikis to create the best community knowledge platform.
Fave lets you join as many communities as you want with just a single account.
Is Fave a website, network or a community?
It's all of the above. Fave isn’t just a website, it is a federation—think Star Trek. Dozens of independent communities running on Fave form a coherent network, where while every planet is different, being part of one is being part of the whole.
How is Fave better than forums?
- Fave is a platform of communities, which means that you can be a member of lots of communities that you care about with one login, one set of messages, one set of notifications. This is compared to forums where each self-hosted forum comes with its own self-contained set of content and notifications.
- We're working really hard on a cross-community reputation model, which we think will help quite a lot with moderation tools for community owners. Because we can know how people behave in each of their communities, we can provide useful context to moderators as spam or toxicity reports come in.
How is Fave better than other social networks out there right now?
Using Fave feels like a convergence of several enjoyable and successful "platforms" in a single, sensible experience.
- It feels like Reddit, in which it's a publicly-searchable directory of user-created communities in which everyone can post threads.
- It feels like Telegram/WhatsApp Groups, in which it's real-time chat with like-minded strangers in a thematically-bound group.
- It feels like blogging, in which threads are like posts with their own comment sections, and everything is sorted in a semi-chronological way.
Is Fave private or public?
Fave can be anything you like. Fave communities can either be:
- Fully public
- Private and invite only
How does Fave compare to other platforms?
Compare Fave to:
How does Fave make money?
Running a popular service is expensive. In order to keep the lights on, we currently run minimal ads. In the future we plan to have paid subscriptions so you can enjoy an ad free experience, along with some additional perks such as exclusive sticker packs and further profile customization.
How can I learn more about Fave?
Our Home page contains more information about our platform.
Up next: Read about the exciting future we have planned for Fave.