Imagine going back 15 years ago and being told that if you signed up for Facebook, they were going to collect a disturbing amount of information on you, manipulate your emotions, store your conversations, and try to control how you communicate with people online. Would you sign up? Would you let your kid sign up? I wouldn’t, and I don’t think you would either.
Fave is not designed to totally replace Facebook. We understand that there's a need for a platform to keep in touch with friends or family. Instead, Fave is designed to be an alternative to Facebook groups, so you can post and share about your favorite topics, which are often quite separate from those of your family and some friends.
Do you feel like you can’t be 100% yourself online? That others will push you away if you do? Then maybe you’re using the wrong social network. It’s time to let the world see you for you and turn that brightness level to the max. Don’t dim your light for others. Shine on!
Unlike Facebook, we don't want to know your real name, so you're able to express yourself more freely. It's time to #deletefacebook and move to Fave!
Top reasons to stop using Facebook
- Facebook has targeted politicians worldwide, promising investments and incentives while seeking to pressure them into lobbying on Facebook’s behalf against data privacy legislation. [Source]
- Facebook has been secretly paying people to install a “Facebook Research” VPN that lets the company suck in all of a user’s phone and web activity. [Source]
- For years, Facebook gave some of the world’s largest technology companies more intrusive access to users’ personal data than it has disclosed, effectively exempting those business partners from its usual privacy rules. [Source]
- Facebook harvested the email contacts of 1.5 million users without their knowledge or consent. [Source]
- Facebook took the phone number you gave them for 'security' reasons and then used it for advertising. [Source]
- Facebook keeps all the videos you upload, even if you delete them. [Source]
- Facebook staff read your private messages to train Facebook's AI. [Source]
- Facebook wants to fuse Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp so they can consolidate all the data they have on you. [Source]
Tip: If a company can’t be trusted, you should ditch them and let them feel the consequences. If a product can get away with mistreating its users to make money, it will keep doing it until they feel the consequences.