The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of Fave; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies.
We want Fave to be a safe and family-friendly environment. Therefore, please take the time to read and understand these Community Standards.
New account policies
At Fave, we do not allow spam accounts or users who attempt to misuse our services.
- Do not create an account for the purposes of spam or post spam-related content.
- Do not create an account to deceive people by impersonating a person, business, or other organization.
Banned content types
Absolutely no copyright infringement:
- Do not post anything you do not own the rights to unless it is covered under Fair Use;
- Do not post links to copyright protected downloadable content such as licensed music, TV shows, and movies;
- Do not link to third party sites such as forums and torrent search engines that contain links to copyright-protected material.
Do not post objectionable content, including but not limited to:
- Hate speech;
- Violence and graphic content;
- Adult nudity, sexual activity, and sexual solicitation;
- Anything cruel and insensitive.
Do not post anything which could be considered hate speech, including but not limited to:
- Violent speech;
- Mocking or dehumanizing speech;
- Statements of inferiority;
- Expressions of contempt or disgust;
- Negative slurs
directed at a person's race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, caste, sex, gender, gender identity, immigration status, and serious disease or disability.
The following types of content are considered illegal and will be reported to the relevant authorities:
- Child exploitation material;
- Content that incites hate or harm, including racism, terrorism, or suicide.
Do not post anything which could be considered as violence or graphic content:
- Images or videos of violence committed against people or animals, or comments or captions that contain remarks containing enjoyment of the suffering or humiliation;
- Images or videos of dying, wounded, or dead people;
- Image or videos of any type of child or animal abuse.
Do not post anything which could be considered as adult or sexual:
- Images or videos of nude adults, including genitalia, visible anus, uncovered female nipples;
- Sexual intercourse or implied sexual intercourse;
- Implied stimulation of genitalia/anus;
- By-products of sexual activity;
- Fetish content that involves possible death, dismemberment, cannibalism, feces, urine, spit, vomit, spit, snot, or menstruation.
Fave is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neurotype, physical appearance, body, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, language, or religion.
We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neurotype, physical appearance, body, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, language, or religion;
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment;
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names;
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate;
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (e.g., textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop;
- Threats of violence;
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm;
- Deliberate intimidation;
- Stalking or following;
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes;
- Sustained disruption of discussion;
- Unwelcome sexual attention;
- A pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others;
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease;
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect other Fave community members or other vulnerable people from intentional abuse;
- Publication of non-harassing private communication without consent by the involved parties.
If you are being harassed by a member of the Fave community, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact one of the Fave team members. If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
This code of conduct applies to Fave-sponsored spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of the Fave community outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by Fave community members seriously. This includes harassment outside our spaces and harassment that took place at any point in time. The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from the Fave community based on their past behavior, including behavior outside Fave spaces and behavior towards people who are not in the Fave community.
To protect volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. The Fave team is not here to explain power differentials or other basic social justice concepts to you. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests to protect victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of Fave members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the Fave team may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all Fave spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other Fave community members or the general public.
Fave welcomes and encourages participation by everyone. No matter how you identify yourself or how others perceive you: we welcome you. We welcome contributions from everyone as long as they interact constructively with our communities.
Depending on the content and behavior, the rules may be enforced by any of the following methods:
- Requesting the behavior be stopped;
- Temporarily or permanently suspending accounts;
- Adding restrictions to accounts;
- Removal of privileges from accounts;
- Adding restrictions to communities;
- Banning of communities;
- Removal of content.
Fave works with various law enforcement agencies around the world, and upon the receipt of properly verified search warrants or court orders, we will release user data to assist with investigations and criminal proceedings.